LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (owner)     01 September 2017

Reverting irrivocable will

I am 72 years old & living single. I had a irrivocable will registered to my relative for my property last year. The documents along with all original property paper is in his custody as I am old. But now I want to change the same.Some of my freinds suggest, it is possible. Is it true? If I can change, what is the procedure?

Learning

6 Replies

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2017

WILL is revocable during the life time of the testator.

Execute a new WILL .It will  automatically cancels the old WILL .

Advocate Krishna

T.SRINIVASULU   01 September 2017

Yes u can revoke the will By approching concerned registration office by executing Deed of Cancellation of Will and u can execute another new will

T.SRINIVASULU   01 September 2017

Yes u can revoke the will By approching concerned registration office by executing Deed of Cancellation of Will and u can execute another new will

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 September 2017

It is felt that you are sole owner of the estate/property and you have alone signed the said WILL and it is not joint WILL.'

If yes  the WILL may not be irrevocable.

In such case you may draft a new WILL.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 September 2017

This time preferably let a very able LOCAL senior counsel specializing in testamentary matters having successful track record advise you after examining all docs on record and draft the WILL for you.

Krishna. Advocate (Advocate)     02 September 2017

To cancel your fromer  WILL , it is not necessary to execute cancellation deed.Second WILL  supersedes an earlier registered will.

I, ______________, son of Shri _______________, aged __ years, resident of ______________________________, do hereby revoke all my former Wills, Codicils and Testamentary dispositions made by me. I declare this to be my last Will and Testament. 

Krishna Advocate 9447963440

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register