Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandrashekar NA   16 February 2021

Revenue land registration in karnataka

Hi,
We are looking for buying a property in karnataka which is a revenue land within Corporation limits.
What are the documents that I need ask the owner:
The transaction for the land has changed hands in 1997 from the original owner to the current owner and there are no further transactions happened. However for the same sale is 1997, the original owner had done a GPA to 2 people however the registration to the current owner happened directly from the owner and not through the registered GPS. so in that case:
1) Whats the status of this GPA that they have done in 1997.
2) What are the other implications of this GPA. Do we really worry about this registered GPA.
3) Is there anything like void GPA after registration to nullify this GPA?

I was thinking of asking below documents from the owner:
1) Sale deed
2) Khata extract
3) Tax receipts 
4) Do we need vamshavruksha from the original owner as it is an ancestral property
5) Do I need to get Pahani from the owner?
6) Since this is under the corporation limits, do I need to worry about any other documents?

Please suggest.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 February 2021

It is always proper to contact a local advocate, who is having experience in dealing with Housing loan documentation of any PSU Banks when you are investing life long savings in a property, to enjoy a happy and peaceful possession without any complications.  You may have to answer several other queries by experts if you wanted to satisfy them on line, still there is risk.  In case of local advocates, one to one discussion within one hour and finally taking legal opinion in writing helps you a lot in future.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 February 2021

Get the title of the property searched through a local lawyer before finalisation of transaction.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 February 2021

The GPA cannot be any relevance in the given context. How is that the property is ancestral? The posting suggests that you are seeking or searching worries for the sake of worrying!

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 April 2021

submit all documents before a local lawyer and ascertain the encumbrance  and act according the opinion of the lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register