Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

david Smith (Exec)     19 November 2013

Revenge !!!

Hi All. I had a query which is bothering me. I got married in May 2009 and my wife left my home within 4 to 6 months. She kept coming and going and meanwhile she took all her belongings with her on her every trip out. Finally I filed for divorce in Dec 2010 and inspite of being served notice she did not appear for any hearings and eventually I got an exparte divorce in Dec 2011. I remarried in 2012.

what is bothering me is that :

1.can my exwife do anything now 

2. can she file any cases agains me , my family members or my present wife,

3. can she claim any kind of alimony / maintenance as she was working well during the time and i wasnt we got divorced. I dont know her present status but now i am working.

4. can i do anything to avoid her coming to my present workplace and create a ruckus as i have a very strong feeling that she might do something as i cam to know from a friend that she was inquiring about me.

5. am i liable to give in to any of her claims as I had clearly mentioned in my divorce petition that she has taken all her belongings with her including her stridhan, which she had received a copy but chose not to come to court.


Friends and well wishing lawyers please advice and help me with any precautionary steps that i need to take.


 7 Replies

Sanjay Thampi (Lawyer)     19 November 2013

since you are remarried, chances are least for her to file a case against you except a case for maintenance and compensation. You must pay compensation to your Ex-wife in terms of money.

for more info; contact Adv. Sanjay Thampi (Kerala)


laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     19 November 2013

if she is not working or not getting sufficient amount to maintain herself or her living standard is below in comparison to you then she can claim maintenance amount from you by filing petition u/s 125 crpc and also a lump sum amount for previous period from the date of divorce decree .

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     20 November 2013

compensation ??

for what ??


she can ask for maintenance only.

david Smith (Exec)     20 November 2013

Thanks all for the replies. She was working at the time of divorce with a handsome salary. If she is not working now which i am not aware of cant i take a stand that she must have intentionally quit her job to extract money from me now.  Am I still liable to pay any compensation/maintenance ? Also can she file any kind of cases like 498a, dv or any such cases?

david Smith (Exec)     20 November 2013

108 views and just 2 replies !!!

Adv. Neha ( )     20 November 2013

David if she files any case, you can fight on merit that she was earlier working and is capable of maintain herself and no question of any compensation..

Reformist !!! (Other)     27 November 2013

If something happens, then fight the case on merits.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query