Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Revaluation of answer sheets in CBSE board exams

Hi 

My daughter appeared for CBSE XII exams in the year 2011 & she has got 77 marks in English whereas she was sure of getting 95+. This has affected her aggregate and could devastate her. I request if someone can help in getting my daughter justice.

Learning

9 Replies

anil kumar (service)     23 May 2011

Dear Mahim Agarwal,

Don't be upset. If your daughter is confident that she got less than expected marks in any paper then you may apply for reverification as per the procedure given in the circular attached. For further details and applying urgent or online you may visit the website www.cbse.nic.in  where u get the entire information in this regard. I wish you all the best.

Attached File : 7623 180056 25 circular verification 2011.pdf downloaded: 942 times

(Guest)

Hi Anil

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already applied for same today but frankly speaking I have least hope from this rotten system. Can someone guide me if there is any way I can take help of RTI( right to Information) to get the answer sheet out. I can't even express how much this error of CBSE is going to effect my daughter, Pls help me !!

1 Like

(Guest)

Hi

This is a very common complaint of students.I can understand your daughter's pain

CBSE systen is really pathetic.These examiners get paid per answer sheet.The more answer sheets they check,the more they get paid.Obviously they check hurriedly,to earn more.

In my time,ie,late 1990s,if we wrote to CBSE,they only did the retotalling of marks.They never checked each and every answer again.I am unaware if the current revaluation system has improved.

Still i want to inform you that in late 1990s only,a girl in my locality who always topped in her school got 4 and 6 marks out of 100,ie,failing in 2 subjects.Her parents were very cross.I don't know how they approached the CBSE(maybe legally),they actually managed to get the answer sheet revaluated in front of their eyes and detected a major fault due to which such low marks were obtained.After revaluation,she got her marks in 80s and 90s.

So I feel being assertive and taking help of rightful legal people may help.Yes the system is lousy.So you need to shake it with your assertiveness.

(Guest)

Hi

Thanks & shocking to know about the girl u mentioned. This is how this system just ruins the career of some brilliant kids. I did go to CBSE preet Vihar today & as expected people we met there were least supportive & noone is even willing to listen to you.

Unfortunately I do not have much knowledge  about how to pursue this matter legally. Anyhow I will try whatever I can.

(Guest)

Hi Meenal

By any chance...do you have the contact details of that girl or their parents whom I can approach for guidance as to how to approach the CBSE board legally.

Regards

Mahim

Swati Korde (parent)     17 June 2011

Hello,

The same thing happened with my daughter's Economics XII 2011 paper! She had estimated at least 95, and she got 84. I can completely imagin what's your daughter's plight and your helplessness.

The reality is that this is also the prime time for admission and we all get so invovled in the process that the board marks take a back seat!

Even my child was devastated. We assured her that we - parents and teachers -know her abilities, and she should not go by the erroneous numbers allotted by the board. But  I doubt how much consolation the child gets as the marks in the result sheet will stare back at us forever. How and How many times are our children going to explain at various interviews and interactions that there was error in correction of the answer sheet!

It's high time we parents do something about it. How can a casual checker ruin the sincere efforts put in by our children?

Bye the way, the Maharashtra State board and Andhra Board give back the copy of the answer sheets if demanded.

Are the by-laws of the board superior to the RTI?

Can we have some legal advise please help please!

khyati singh (schooling)     04 July 2012

hello mam i'am khyati and i had given improvement exam of physics chemistry and maths and i'am fail in physics and maths and i had expected that i can get marks in 80 i had also verify my marks but no marks are increased and i did lot of hard mark so please help me so that teachers can recheck my papers in front of me by legal way thanku

hello mam i'am khyati and i had given improvement exam of physics chemistry and maths and i'am fail in physics and maths and i had expected that i can get marks in 80 i had also verify my marks but no marks are increased and i did lot of hard mark so please help me so that teachers can recheck my papers in front of me by legal way thanku

hello mam i'am khyati and i had given improvement exam of physics chemistry and maths and i'am fail in physics and maths and i had expected that i can get marks in 80 i had also verify my marks but no marks are increased and i did lot of hard mark so please help me so that teachers can recheck my papers in front of me by legal way thank u

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register