LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suhasini (housewife)     24 June 2011

Return of sale agreement document

Hi I brought a of  piece land in hyderabad and have got the same registered recently.

I asked the builder to send the registration document to me.

I have not received sale deed yet.

The builder said he will send the registration documents to me provided I return the original sale agreement document.

Would be glad, if anyone can let me know the repercussions of returning the  original sale agreement.

Learning

1 Replies

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     28 June 2011

Dear Kams,

while entering into Sale Agreement the market value of the property will be shown, whereas at the time of execution of Sale Deed for the same property only guide line value in the jurisdictional sub-registrar will be considered. What you have paid as guide line value will be white money and the difference between the value shown in the Sale Agreement and Sale Deed will be black money.  In order to conceal the black money your developer is demanding to return the original sale agreement.  It is normal procedure to return the sale agreement or destroy the sale agreement after the execution  of Sale deed in your favour.  If you want for your reference you can make a copy of the same and keepit with you and therewill not be any repercussions.  I hope you understood the situation. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register