LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasan (IT)     12 January 2014

Return of items which was not real


My wife left me 4 months back and filed a case to return of gold, house hold items which they gifted at the time of marriage which they demand being purposeful and false.

They state that “they gifted all these items by forming a “ TRUSTEE” which is with out our knowledge or acceptance. Actually we have not at all demanded any thing. The quantity of gold have been mentioned in their list for more quantity than the actual.

They also attached our landed property towards the cost of their demanded gold.


Pls advice what we can do to overcome this situation.



 6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 January 2014

State the facts of the case attaching the property for proper answer

Srinivasan (IT)     12 January 2014

Their case is for returning their gold and household goods which they give at the time of marriage. They say that they have formed a trustee putting the names of myself, my father and my mother that these three people are responsible to return the goods.

We surprise to note that how they can form a trustee without our knowledge or approval. This subject landed property is in the name of my father. They have mentioned in their case that  if the gold and other goods are not returned the attached landed property will be auctioned and their value will be recovered.

Their demanding gold and articles are not correct and they have claimed for very more quantity. 

Kanchan Madan (NA)     13 January 2014

MY DIL had done the same thing. We returned only whatever we had. She had a digital lockr in her Cupboard.This was opened in CAW cell by her. Now she says the keys to the digital lockers are with us.  The case is going on.She searched our house with police including my hand bags shofts etc. did not get any thing .She searched my lockers and took away my set that this gifted by me to her  at  arrival of our house.CAW  cell      IO  favoured her and I was forced to give.  Now we are fighting  DV case, Maintenance case and 498A case in the court.  If you want more details send me  an e mail at

We are fighting the case for the pase three years

Srinivasan (IT)     13 January 2014

Pls advice what we can do to overcome this situation.

girish (selfemployed)     13 January 2014

hi kanchan ma'm,

pls mail me ur details at as we too r facing the same problem as my wife left me and not collecting her valuables(one empty cupboard and her clothes) from our house since last few months.





T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2014

@Venkiteswaran:  You have to return all her property whatever is in your possession, do not worry about their trust or any other thing, you can deny the knowledge of their extra demanded items.  Let them say anything, but they have to prove that all the items mentioned in the list have been given to you, it is up to the court to decide about their fake claim.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register