Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Retrival of house original deed

Dear Concerned

I had purchased a property in Mumbai in the year 1997. During that time we had paid the stamp duty and given the original deed at the Bandra sub-registrar office.  However I was young at that time and my father was new to the city, so we did not know that we were to collect the same deed after stamping.  Therefore the original agreement was never collected.  Once in 2005 when I wanted a mortgage loan we realised that the document was not with us and presumed it to be lost.  As per the banks requirement, we made a police complaint and also gave in selected news papers that my father and me were the owners of the flat and that there was no claim form anyone else.  We received no replies and the bank lawyer write a bond to the bank stating that the property was ours.  The bank issued a loan which was later on paid up. 

However recently our Society asked the original documents from all the members for the purpose of conveyance.  Thats when I dug more deeper and realised that we might have not collected the deed from the sub-registrar office in the first place.  I contacted a few property agents who told me that they can get the deed from the office and that Ill have to pay a hefty sum.  Some of them asked for 30k and some 50k which is way above my budget.

I need assistance as to how can I get the deed from the sub-registrar office in Bandra which we have not collected since the last 15 years.  Just for your information, my father has passed off in the month of August, 2014 and his name was first in the agreement and mine second.

Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Gurchal (Practicing Advocate)     16 January 2015

30k ? 50k?? no dear !! it will take you less than 10k.

procedure is mind bursting and confusing so you need to talk with us

If you really need help kindly call on :9860496005, Pune.

Adv. Gurchal (Practicing Advocate)     16 January 2015

we are not going to do anything.

we just show you the way. its confusing but easy, you yourself can do it.

RAVI K GOUD (ADVOCATE)     25 March 2015

Mr. Jimmy, its very simple process. Just you go Registrar where your registration is done and submit a requisition along with the a copy of payment receipt (Registration) for handing over your Registered Original Sale Deed and then follow the procedure of the Registration Office.

RAVI K GOUD (ADVOCATE)     18 June 2015

Mr. Jimmy, U/Sec 85 of The Registration Act documents (other than Wills) remaining unclaimed in any registration office for a period exceeding two years may be destroyed. So it is the discretionary power of the registrar to do so. Therefore It is better for you to contact the registering authority for your documents and you will be lucky enough if your documents are not destroyed. Comply the formalities of the office and collect your documents if they are undestroyed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register