LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maintenancevictim (Own)     02 January 2015

Retreiving money


My wife of 10 years has filed a maintenance case against me. She was never employed and over the years i have transferred nearly 20 lacs into her account. Legally, is there any way where i can claim this amount back? I have always done a account to account transfer and i have all the trails / proofs.


 2 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     02 January 2015

1. If you have paid so much money then ask your advocate make an application to close the 125 case and later if  she is still not prepared to cohabit with you then file a petition for divorce and in that case you would not be required to pay any interim maintenance or alimony after the decree is awarded.

2. I have not understood as why you want the money to be recovered.

3. You need to express much  more facts and details of such case so that proper inference can be sustained as to need of recovery of your money.

4. If need be for further private consultation on terms of paying moderate sum of remuneration then you can get my contact details by clicking my name shown in the L.H.S. margin of this reply format.

Maintenancevictim (Own)     02 January 2015

Hello Mr Rohit


Thanks  for your response. We have done what you suggested in point 1 - given all proofs of the money transfer and requesting CrPC 125 to be closed. However, if you look from her perspective, she has my hard earned money of 20 lacs and whatever maintainance she gets is a bonus.

Hence, I wanted to check if i need to consider this 20 lacs as a sunk cost or if there is any provision to recover it if my innocence is proven.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query