LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     02 October 2016

Retaining original recordongs

My friend has a phone provided by company. She has all the recordings and videos of her husband and in-laws abusing her. She is now leaving that job and needs to return that phone.. If she claims it to be lost then FIR copy is to be provided. Now I have seen many times in this forum people saying that original phone is to be retained.. She has recording into her memory card and some SMS are there. If she will transfer all these things into new phone and hand it over to company then it is fine? Or she needs to retain and submit that phone at later stage?

Learning

7 Replies

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     02 October 2016

Pls ignore some spellings and grammar. Sending this through phone , so kindly ignore mistakes.

(Guest)
Please give advise in this case and i am also in same condition

(Guest)
1. Explain situation to office/company n retain such phone or return it later after case is over. 2. Copy such to a DVD n produce the same as evidence.

(Guest)
I lost original phone but i copied to dvd .is it acceptable in court as evidence

arpit shukla (,)     02 October 2016

She can asked her employer to deduct cost of mobile from her final settlement and bynoayOng cost she can retain the same. If it is a criminal court issue then only imei no. Etc are relevant evidence other wise in civil or family matter rest evidence can be present in other format. There are sms backup application through which you can back up and restore same in new form as it is.

arpit shukla (,)     02 October 2016

She can asked her employer to deduct cost of mobile from her final settlement and bynoayOng cost she can retain the same. If it is a criminal court issue then only imei no. Etc are relevant evidence other wise in civil or family matter rest evidence can be present in other format. There are sms backup application through which you can back up and restore same in new form as it is.

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     03 October 2016

The case is about 498a.  She is working in govt. organization.  There she either have to submit the phone or the FIR.  Govt. Organization is not allowing her to retain the phone.

Will transfer of data to other phone will do at evidence stage and for forensic test?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register