Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MRRpersonality (Knows very little about Indian laws)     08 August 2012

Restraint or injunction orders in the family courts

Respected forum experts!

Background:

My estranged wife has complained to the Passport Authority seeking impounding of my passport on two grounds that I am avoiding the court proceedings and that I am planning to take the minor child away from the country - while the court case is ongroing.

The fact is ofcourse otherwise as I have been granted  exemption from appearance (this may be root source of her action)  and that my wife has claimed jurisdiction on false "ordinary residence" cause of action.

Questions :

Whether I can file an Interlocutory Application in the same honorable court seeking either restraint order or injuction order to stop such harassment in the form of false complaints ?  

1.  Is it injunction order or restraint order that I need to seek and if so what is the relevant C.P.C section under which I need to file the IA ?

2.  I know that I need to file an affidavit stating the fact and the copy of the "show cause" notice I received from the Regional Passport Officer.  Can somebody guide me what should be a typical prayer in the main IA petition for this particular relief ?   Is it something like "The respondent most respectfully prays that an (injuction or restraining) order be passed against the petitioner to refrain from causing harassment and hardship in the form of petitions and complains bypassing the jurisdictional court where the matter is pending and is under consideration" ?

Please help.  I am seeking this help because my lawyer is somewhat hesitant to file this application with the explanations like

a) restraint orders can not be given against a member of the family (except in DV act as applicable).

b) courts normally do not like this kind of petitions and may be treated as a negative tactics from my side.

c) judges are more lenient towards women and it is possible that she is genuinely concerned that I may run away with the child.

d) The judge may actually direct Passport Authority to impound my passport if my wife was able to cry and convince that there is strong reason for her belief.

e) She has every right to complain whereever she wants and nobody can question or restrain her fundamental right.  

I am not convinced of his reasoning and I am fact finding in this forum regarding the above 5 points.   Once I educate and equip myself better, I will definitely be able to convince him and I plan to submit this IA during the next hearing.   Or can I do it sooner ?

Learning

1 Replies

raghu (propietior)     08 August 2012

my  wife was not with mee for fifteen days and she was in her father house ,,,, and she came to my house after fifteen days  and sat for two hours , watching serial ,  i recived a call and i went out side for work  , my mother was busy in kitchen work , and she has not informed any body and went away , after some time i got a call from my brother saying that my wife father has called him and saying that my wife has gone some where ,, so my brother was confused and scared ,,, so after that my mama also recived the call from wife father saying that she has gone some where .. so we got scared and given the missing complaint ,,,,,,,,,,,,, after three days they had filed a  case of 498a on me ,,,,,,,,, i got regural bail , now  problem is that i run a smalll scale industries ,,,,,,,

now she is coming to factory /unit  premisess and making trouble and creating the new sense in the environment ,,,,,, and she is not allowing me to work and she has broken the lock of the factory and working in the premises ,,,,,,, and if i go there she is shouting at me and not allowing me to do the work ,,,,,,,,,  so we went to the police station ,,,,,,,, they did not recive the police complaint ,,,,,,, so we went  to the commisoner of police and given complaint ,,,,,,,,,  and the complaint was for warded to the police station ,,,,,,,,, so police told that we cant do any thing and give the endosment saying ,,,,, clear the case in civil court  ,,,,,,,,  bring the injuction order  until that we cant do any thing ,,,,,,,,,, keeping this as an advantage she is working  there it self and we are worriied  ,,,,,,,,,,,  so please tell me what is the best way to slove this ,,,,,, how will the process go in the civil court  for injuction order, how can i get injuction order ,,,,,          so this the just half i have informed about these case ,,,,,,,,, please slove my query ..........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register