LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti   18 June 2024

Restraining order equivalent in india

If someone threatens you with rape, then is there any equivalent of Restraining Order (in USA) in India? How to make him physically stay away from the girl by using any legal means in India?


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 June 2024

The affected person can lodge a criminal complaint against the accused in concerned police station. 

There's no such provision in Indian law like US law restraining the accused. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register