LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

FightForCause (Businessman)     29 February 2016

Restraining order against wife - urgent

Hi Experts, 

My friend is having problems with his wife , who keeps on pressurizing him to buy expensive items and do not allow his mother to come to his rented house in another city.

She keeps on creating a scene and comes to our office now and then and keeps shouting.

She tells she gets bored in home so she comes to office and just keep sitting there. I becomes very embarassing for my friend and has been many times warned by seniors.

Even her mother father are not ready to sit and talk @ this. He is now planning to take divorce, but as marriage is just 8 months old he is unable to file the same. He has moved to another rented home , but wife is threatning to come to that house also and create ruckus. He is paying rent of old house too, where wife residing alone currently.

Can he get a restraining order against wife to not to come to office or his new home?

Can he file this in the current city where both husband , wife resides or can he file where his marriage was performed. Marriage city is wife's earlier residential city and husband also has many relatives their to support. current city do not have any backing for husband , but wife has few relatives there.

Kindly suggest.


 2 Replies

binay (advocate)     29 February 2016

1st consult an advocate Then call your mother and then file a case through your mother for misconduct and rough behavior to her

FightForCause (Businessman)     01 March 2016

Thanks Mr. Binay and Mrs. Renuka,

Under which section can his mother file for misconduct and rough behaviour.

Main thing is he wants to get secure that she do not come to his house and office to disturb peace. He is worried @ his job.

Kindly guide on this point.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register