New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naag (law officer)     29 November 2010

restitution of conjugal right of muslim husband


any body plz help me that whether muslim husband can file SUIT FOR

Resttution of Conjugal right and under which section of law applies

is there any judgment on it?

i need citation "SHAHNAJ BANO Vs MUBAK ALI AND OTHERS, 2004 (3) M& DJR 476(Jhar) {DB}





 2 Replies

M. A. Khan (advocate)     29 November 2010

Yes muslim husband can file case for restitution of conjugal rights.  Under Mohammedan law a wife cannot live seperatly without any just and reasonable cause.

Suresh Babu Rai (Advocate)     30 November 2010

Your client can nock the door of Court by instituting a suit for Restitution Of Conjugal Rights or even he can  approach a Inspector of Police, who is enpowered to conduct a counselling for the couple and to settled the matter.A mohmeddan woman cannot live seperatly with her husbund without any justifiable ground.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register