LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik2020 (others)     27 November 2020

Respondent and her lawyer not present for continuous hearings

my divorce case is in the argument stage now. My wife is the respondent. Her lawyer is not representing himself in the court for doing the final arguments. The judge keeps giving them chance to make their argument. What will happen if my wife's lawyer keeps doing like this? will the case be dismissed? Pls help.

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     27 November 2020

Hello,

The court can decide a case based on your argument only and the respondent may lose the chance for submission. This may be beneficial to your case.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     27 November 2020

1. AFTER continuous absence of Respondent party, Court will pronounce Divorce Decree on Ex-Parte basis.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 November 2020

This all depends on your advocate and his submissions to the judge, depending on the number of adjournments, pendency of the case, facts in the case.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 November 2020

Have patience. The Court will not allow too much liberty.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 November 2020

Seek opinion and advise of the lawyer engaged / paid by you, who is well aware about the facts and circumstances of the case and an able, competent and intelligent enough to advise.

If you have lost faith in your lawyer, change him/ her immediately and . engage another local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register