LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddharth (Manager)     05 March 2023

Respected lawyers, urgent and very important

my sister at the age of 14 (when she was a minor) impregnated herself with car driver and eloped with him when she was 15 years( when she was in 10th class) back in 2001. Then she came back in 2007 and harassed my mother for dowry even when my mother was bedded due to her illness. We thought she came to see my mother, but instead of doing her seva, she harassed her for the dowry. Later after my mother passed she kept her photo, decorate her photo and posts it in status stating she loves her mother. As years passed i realised her husband is an severe alcoholic,narcissist,sadist and a blackmailer. He has targetted our property and he is making her ask half share in my grandfather's property and she is calling my dad repeatedly and shouting on him. She is saying she will put a case for share in the property. Already my step mom who is also a narcissist had got some of our property transferred on her name. Now I am dealing with this situation.

How do I overcome this situation

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2023

Your sister is asking for a share in the property of your grandfather from your father.

In fact your father had given a sizeable property to your step mother, then why is he denying the same privilege to his own daughter.

However as per law your sister cannot claim any share in the property that is lying on your father's name as a right, at least not during his lifetime.

If she is going to court, allow her to proceed, which can be challenged as per law properly.

Her case is not legally maintainable.

1 Like

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     05 March 2023

If the property was a self earned or in the name of your father, it is his sweet will to shsre, else her attempts may not succeed.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register