Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Tiwari (MD)     15 November 2017

Resignation on whatsapp

Hi,

One of my employee sent resignation on whatsapp.

Is that acceptable and can we accept / decline resignation based on whatsapp?

Learning

10 Replies

anand   15 November 2017

its your call, Policies are different from company to company. some accepts written resignations only, some accepts emails and some accepts through their resignation portal only. its up to your company policy. 

Thank you . . .

Thank you so much

Thank you so much

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 November 2017

Depends upon the private/internal rules, policies of establishment, duly communicated to employee/signed with employee.

If the policies, rule provide for such mode then employee has not dithered.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 November 2017

The establishment may also respond to send signed printed resignation by letter thru post.

Send acceptance by letter thru redg. Post and email and Whatsapp if you like.

It is the best way for record also. 

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     18 November 2017

In a recent Delhi High Court order mode of sending court summon by the party to the suit through whatsapp has been held valid. If the High Court recognizes the whatsapp mode valid for sending court summon why not the resignation of employee considered valid. In case of doubt, an email in reply to the whatsapp message as well hardcopy of the same be sent to employee acknowledging the contents of the whatsapp message and accepting the resignation of the employee..

(Guest)

@ Vijay Raj Mahajan,

Sorry to say, every process adopted in the functions of a court cannot be applied on executive requirements.

Summons to attend court proceedings and severence of service on resignation are two distinct events. The resignation should be formal to form part of the office records as an evidence of the employee having actually resigned from service. That event should not be taken so lightly. Any mischievous person, other than the owner of the mobile phone, can also send resignation of the employee without the knowledge of the employee, when he gets hold of his mobile.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     18 November 2017

Did you read my complete Reply @ Jigyasu ? I had said in clear words to confirm the resignation through WhatsApp send email as well hard copy of email to employee. If it's a mischief he'll come forward and refute the resignation message from his WhatsApp number.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Vijay Raj Mahajan
Did you read my complete Reply @ Jigyasu ? I had said in clear words to confirm the resignation through WhatsApp send email as well hard copy of email to employee. If it's a mischief he'll come forward and refute the resignation message from his WhatsApp number.

@ Vijay Raj mahajan,

I replied only after reading your reply. By the way, in what context you stated, "In a recent Delhi High Court order mode of sending court summon by the party to the suit through whatsapp has been held valid. If the High Court recognizes the whatsapp mode valid for sending court summon WHY NOT THE RESIGNATION OF EMPLOYEE CONSIDERED VALID."

IN FACT, IT WAS YOU (not me), WHO WAS REQUIRED TO RECHECK YOUR OWN REPLY IN CONTEXT WITH THE SIMPLE QUESTION BY THE QUERIST, WHEN NO RULES OF THE EXECUTIVE SIDE AND NO ORDER BY ANY COURT PERMITS SENDING RESIGNATION THROUGH WHATSAPP.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register