LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna (Self)     06 March 2013

Resignation of an employee

My Company is registered under S&E Act and Service Tac Act & Professional Tax Act.

Employee who was an Academic Counsellor,  reigned by sending a resignation letter through email. I asked the employee to serve notice period or pay two months salary (Rs.15,000/-pm salary) as per the employment letter given. Employee disagreed to serve notice period. Howevere, on humanatarian grounds, I signed on the resignation letter as " relieved with immediate effect" (hard copy) and gave it to her. Later, I also responded to her resignation letter on email with the point of contention and finally mentiestoned that as part of relieving, we wish her all the best. For this, she also responded back with her point of contention & mentioned thanks for opportunity given etc., With this, the topic got closed (document attached)

After 10 days, she came back and told me she will complete the Notice period. Once again, on humanatarian grounds, I agreed. But, she worked for around 40 days and again disappeared. She neither completed her notice period nor did she pay per employment letter.

After 5 months, now she has gone to police station filing a case on me/my propriator concern, saying that I have not given her the relieving letter and am harrazing her. Later, I have produced both the email, on police advice, I have put the stamp & signature on the emails. This was handed over to that lady through police.

Now she says that, since proper letter on Letter Head of the Company stating all the details like date of joining, date of resignatio etc., she is filing a case on me, saying that, I am harazing her by not giving the relieving letter.

Can any one guide me properly on this topic. I need advice & tips to handle this case.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register