LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prerna Sharma Pant   15 December 2017

Resignation in probation

I work in a healthcare sector. My confirmation was due on Nov 1 which has not happened till date. The gm seems to extend my probation for another 3 months(could be done as per company policy). But theres no clarity on either. Mentioned below are the details on my appointment letter. I have got a new job and not willing to serve 2 months notice. What should I do??

You will be deemed to be on Probition in the services of the company until confirmed in writing.The initial period of Probation is 6 months. Your sevices may be terminated by either party giving the other 2 months of notice or gross salary in lieu thereof.

Am i suppose to serve the notice?? Kindly revert

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 December 2017

The few lines posted by you indicate that notice pay @ gross salary in lieu of notice period is made available by employer to employee.

While posting such queries employee should post basic information!

What is this establishment; Commercial, Industrial?

What is its nature of business say; IT, ITeS?

How many persons are employed in it?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

How many persons report to you?

Do you have any power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc ?

You are in which state? Since how many months you are working? Are you under probation period or your service is confirmed in writing?

Does offer/appointment letter/contract of employment state that notice pay in lieu of notice period is not accepted?

Do standing orders (model/certified) apply to establishment and your designation?

What is notice period as per appointment letter/offer letter and what was notice period tendered by you?

Was ever any stinker, memo, show cause notice on any misconduct issued to you?

Does the establishment have its appraisal system? Do you have copy of signed appraisal forms, matrix, KRA’s, performance date? How was your performance?

Are you a member of employee’s/trade unions?

Has the establishment issued/supplied, offer letter, appointment letter, salary slips of all months, PF number and a/c slips of all years, ESIC card, correct FnF statement, Form 16 as per correct FnF statement, acknowledgment and acceptance of notice of resignation/final resignation, acknowledgment of handover of charge, NOC/NDC……………?

The notice period of 60days may not neccessarily be applicable in your case.

Prerna Sharma Pant   16 December 2017

• What is this establishment; Commercial, Industrial? Healthcare, I work in a hospital
  • What is its nature of business say; IT, ITeS? Healthcare
  • How many persons are employed in it? 500
  • What is your designation and nature of duties? Head of the department. look after outsource manpower.
  • How many persons report to you? 95
  • Do you have any power to sanction leave/increment/appoint/terminate/appraise etc etc ? Yes
  • You are in which state? Karnataka
  • Since how many months you are working? 7
  • Are you under probation period or your service is confirmed in writing? Probation
  • Does offer/appointment letter/contract of employment state that notice pay in lieu of notice period is not accepted? no
  • Do standing orders (model/certified) apply to establishment and your designation?
  • What is notice period as per appointment letter/offer letter and what was notice period tendered by you? 60 days
  • Was ever any stinker, memo, show cause notice on any misconduct issued to you? No
  • Does the establishment have its appraisal system? Yes
  • Do you have copy of signed appraisal forms, matrix, KRA’s, performance date? Yes
  • How was your performance? as per my GM i am under performing, however, the statistics say the different story.
  • Are you a member of employee’s/trade unions? No
  • Has the establishment issued/supplied, offer letter, appointment letter, salary slips of all months, PF number and a/c slips of all years, ESIC card, correct FnF statement, Form 16 as per correct FnF statement, acknowledgment and acceptance of notice of resignation/final resignation, acknowledgment of handover of charge, NOC/NDC……………? Yes

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     16 December 2017

Dear Sir,

Ist probation agreement was lapsed since the company not extended your probation from Ist Nov or confirmed your services. specify this term to the company and send your openion to the company in writing.  

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 December 2017

Refer to your 1st and my 1st post; which Indicate that notice pay @ gross salary in lieu of notice period is made available by employer to employee.

The employee can exercise this option.

It is good that you have responded to majority of the points. You have not responded to standing orders.

If standing orders (applicable to you designation) provide for NIL notice period during probation period then it shall prevail upon appointment letter.

If statistics say the different story and you have to work with same fellow (GM) then it is your call either to make up and get confirmed and learn how to skillfully handle the boss(es) and continue and progress  in the establishment

OR

Move on and be with some establishment with good HR practices that give NO value to tantrums of bosses…..

Simple taskmasters deliver better results but may not be in good books of all bosses.

Taskmasters and performers have their own place and they are valued if not in this establishment by this boss, then in this establishment by some other boss(es) or in some other establishment by some other boss(es)…………

It is a good choice to change while one is performing….

The points in your query have been responded.

Rest is your personal decision.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register