LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikram singh yadav (Asstt. Director)     14 August 2014

Resignation from psu for upsc

I have worked in MTNL. (Central PSU) for 4 yrs 4 months and in MTNL there is bond period for 5 yrs containing 2 lacs and I have resigned through proper channel by taking NOC for appearing in ENGG. Services examination 2012 conducted by UPSC. After that I am selected as Group-A gazetted officer and I have joined this post by giving prior one month notice to MTNL. After 5 months of joining MTNL sends me letter asking me to deposit amount in lieu of 2 months notice period (i.e. Rs 85802) and Bond amount due for remaing 8 months.(Rs 26684)....total....Rs 112486..

now the question is that Can my resignstion be treated as technical resignation and should I be escaped from paying that required amount...????

is DOPT guidelines are applicable tu PSUs...???

Learning

1 Replies

Rangee (Lawyer)     14 August 2014

Hi

It is understood that three months should be given before leaving the MTNL job or pay three months salary in lieu of notice peried.  you have given only one months notice, if this is accepted without raising the objections regarding salary for balance 2 months peried and if you are relieved, subsequently the MTNL cannot claim the two months salary in lieu of notice. However regarding bond amount please check the provisions of agreement conditions.

R.S.K.Singh 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register