Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandip   27 April 2018

Residential plot dispute

Respected experts,

We have purchased plots from a Land Developer Company and that company is not developed and handed over our plots properly as they have promised. I just googled and found the following SC judgement.

As per this, can we all members approach to national forum? The only difference is, this judgment is on flats, and for our case, it is bungalow plots. 

"SC allows homebuyers to directly move national consumer forum against builders"

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india-sc-allows-homebuyers-to-directly-move-national-consumer-forum-against-builders-369838

Thanks.

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     27 April 2018

As per my knowledge you cannot approach the national commission directly unless your claim is above Rs. 1,00,00,000/-.

Sandip   27 April 2018

Thanks Shirish Pawar sir,

If we apply as a “group of people” and summation of that exceeds the said amount then?

Thanks

Siddharth Jain   27 April 2018

Then, you can approach NCDRC in class action suits.
The National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) has held that a complaint under Section 12 (1)(c) of the Consumer Protection (CP) Act can be filed only on behalf of or for the benefit of all the consumers, having a common interest.
For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Regards,
Siddharth Jain, Advocate
Delhi

Sandip   28 April 2018

Hello Siddharth Jain Sir. Thanks, we will drop email.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     28 April 2018

Dear Sandip,

If collective claim of all the buyers exceeds Rs. 1 Crore then you can directly approch the NCDRC.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register