Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tejal (house wife)     10 March 2012

Residential order under domestic violence?

After marrige does DIL  become a legal servent of  her Parents inlaws? Can she refuse to serve them legaly instead of filing cases against them for cruealty ?

Can DIL ask a separate area of her metrimonial home which is not in her husband's name as husband is not willing to leave his parents?

Can she get  protection order for not to  come in her area & not to interfier in  her life by  parents inlaws to avoid anykind of cruealty?

Can women take these kind of action as a safeguard of her life?( Safety & precautions are always better than cure)

Learning

6 Replies

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     10 March 2012

@ Tejal

For husband it is cruelty on him by you like being isolate to his family/friends.

you can ask for separate accomodation to live,but cant stop him to meet/visit his parental home and you have to entertain his relatives/friends to your home also.

In short, he can filled divorce on these grounds under cruilty. and i think divorce will be safeguard for you..

Nobody act like a slave as he is married man, this is injustice & inhumanity.

Save your marriage.

Regards

Hemant 

Ranee....... (NA)     10 March 2012

Tejal, yes you can get a residence order under DV Act.But mere to avoid household work will not give you that right always.

Why don't keep a maid to help you in household work?This is better than to indulge yourself in legal battle.

Tejal (house wife)     10 March 2012

its not me ranee.

Her paarents inlaw treats her as a maid.they are not ready to keep maid as they thinks only "Bahu " should do all the house hold eventhough they both are from wealthy family. So do all the house hold work for her is impossible & listening the abusing words form her parents inlaw is more imposible.

i watch a case in news where a doctor get sucide because of this kind of behaviour of parents inlaws.

I put the details in my other forum.

bhima balla (none)     11 March 2012

This post is a clear indication of the problems of families in India.

1) Common sense, responsibility etc has gone out of the window?

2) Going to courts is not a solution to everything.

There are 2 crore cases pending-which will take many years to complete if at all!

Please do go ahead with residential/protection , separation, divorce, 498a etc etc etc

The worst thing a man can do in India is to marry!

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 March 2012

You can read PWDVA, 2005. Your queries are answered there.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Tejal (house wife)     10 May 2012

1 Can woman file for residential order after a 1-2 years seperation ?

2 & how much time of her living in matrimonial house is concider for a getting a  residential house which is not on his husband's name?For ex. If woman lives in matrimonial house just for 10 days, can she aligable to get residential rights?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register