LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T.V.MANIAN (SENIOR MANAGER(Retd) Nationalised Bank)     04 July 2017

Residential building let out for commercial office & parking

I am in a residential colony in Chennai. There are several individual houses of 2 dwelling units and some apartments with 5to 10 flats. Our colony consists of 6 street, out of which 3 streets are having dead end road at oneside.

Our street is having one dead end road. A corner building having 3 floors at the entrance of our street was let out to 3 different commercial establishments. All the 3 offices are having lot of visitors daily and staff and visitors parked their cars and bikes making our life miserable. One of the offices is a man power exporting company, which attract lot of visitors  from different parts of country coming in the early morning , urinating, smoking   and creating all sort of inconvenience to the residents. Water tankers are unable to enter and we have to go their office and ask them to clear the way for water tankers. We are not sure whether the property got permission of copration of chennai for commercial use. Even if they got permission for commercial use and pay the property tax at commercial rate,how they can park  lot of two wheelers and cars in the small street where one side is a dead end and inconveniencing residents?

How we have to proceed with this? we are having a Regsitered Residents Welafare Association.


 1 Replies

Arjun Kohli   05 July 2017

In my opinion, first you should raise a complaint with the Association you are a part of. Further you can also file a complaint u/s 268, IPC regarding the Public nuisance, citing all these difficulties that many residents of your area collectively face. For the police complaint, make sure you have numbers behind you as it is only a public nuisance when multiple people are affected by the alleged nuisance and the nuisance takes place largely in the public areas.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register