LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Jagropan kashayp (RF engineer)     16 September 2023

Rera guidelines against refund of token money

Kudos to Lawyers club India for providing such amazing platform the common users.

Please help me with below query. 

Under the RERA Act, what are the provisions and conditions that govern the refund of token money or booking amount to a homebuyer in case of registration & agreement of sale not signed between builder & buyer? Can you please explain the process and legal obligations for developers in such cases?"

In My case i have transferred 45000 Rs.to Raunak group account on 21st May 2023 without signing any documentation physically yes but there is mail conversation regarding job sheet. I have emailed them about the cancellation of flat due to some financial reason on 13th June 2023. 

Raunak Sales guy telling us that we can't refund the money as more than 15 Day has passed and as per RERA act refund is only possible if cancellation request received under 15 days, is RERA provided such guidelines?

Learning

1 Replies

Syed Faraz Mehadi (Advocate)     09 April 2024

The RERA empowers the homebuyer to cancel an allotment of the apartment booked with a builder at any stage even if there is no default on the part of the developer. It binds the builder to return the money collected from the buyers within 45 days of such cancellation after deducting the booking amount. The booking amount shall be forfeited by the developer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register