Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHAIK HUSSAIN (RETIRED)     12 September 2021

Request to guide

MY UNEMPLOYED SON HAS made part Payment AS MAINTENANCE  to his wife and two minor children. Due to Corona and health factors,  he is not in a position to pay the Balance amount. There is No Property owned by him. 

Her Advocate has asked the Family Court to issue Warrant to attach his or his parents property and pay the amount.  

I am his father who is aged 70 years and mother aged 65 years. We have two small shops in the name of mother. We are living on the rent Received from these shops. 

Please let me know if parents property can be attached . 




 2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   12 September 2021

No parents property cannot be attached only father is liable to pay maintenance not father in law or mother in law's properties.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 September 2021

yes. I too agree with Mr.Shashi Dhara suggession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register