Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     06 June 2009

request for kind opinion

Dear sir,

I am Dr Revan a practicing doctor from Bangalore.My father expired 2 months back who was working as bsnl engg. in Bangalore.My father was adopted by my Grand mother(my natural grandmother's sister, as she remained spinster) in the year 1982 i.e 4yrs after my father's marriage.The adoption deed was duly registered in the court.my dad used to send money monthly to my grand mother (adopted) since adoption, as she was not willing to leave the house situated in hubli.After my dad's death ,Now my dad's adopted mother's sister says she has done another adoption (6yrs back) they say it is registered.. i.e before my dad's death to my dad's one more aunt's grandson.. and now claim that the adoption deed has been signed by my dad's adopted mother and they also say they got one WILL signed by grand mother (adopted) that her share would go to newly adopted person...The house which is the only ancestral property has 3 shares one my father(which he got from my biological grand mother by executed WILL, another share of my grand mother( father's adopted mother) and one more share of my grand mother's sister who stays in US.now my doubt is..

is it possible to cancel an adoption validly done by registration without my father's knowledge?

now my father's adopted mother is still alive and she is with us, how to go about to claim our share i.e my dad's and my grand mother's share? (can my grand mother(adopted) gift her share in house to me? which she is willing to do

is it required to add my father's adopted mother in my dad's legal heir's list, which now includes my mother, my sister and myself? 

Learning

2 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     06 June 2009

your case involves many complecated questions of law and facts.

i will post complete answer later on .  at this stage i submit only one point that a valid adoption can not be cancelled.

ASHUTOSH (lawyer)     09 June 2009

no ur faters adopted mother cant waved up ur father as a legal son

for more qyrey ask hasselfree

Ashutosh(Adv) Delhi High Court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register