Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Request for good suggestion

Page no : 2

(Guest)

Hema,

I think you are getting emotional when declaeing people are hating woman. Lets see the number

95% of 498A are false

98% of 498A case results is acquittal

Thease are hard numbers by supreme court and number don't lie.  So unless all future  498A using woman become angel - you know most of the time the law will be misused. 

Comming back to why  people have started hating 498A using woman. You can decide for your self - if a relative has slapped  95 times of past 100 times he/she met you without your fault what will be his/her image in your eyes?.Likewise  you can understand the anger and anguish 498A  affected person.

As always, first step of establishing harmony and get back our celebrated  Indian family back is to recognise the problem . I don't see that happening, rather NCW and some other militant woman are working the other way ...  and of they don't realise ,they will be responsible for ruining our great culture.   

And I said, I hate what they profess and not the person.

hema (law officer)     14 September 2010

do you know how many women are battered in the matrimonial home?  how many of them are going to court?  if any woman who files a criminal case is ill treated, these battered women do not dare to go to court.  it will help those husbands to continue to beat the women.

hema (law officer)     14 September 2010

even the service providers under domestic violence act are refusing before the magistrate to visit to husband's home to prepare domestic incident report, because they are beaten or physically intimidated by the husband and his relatives.  now what more proof you want that husband is not using muscle power against his wife.

(Guest)

Do you have any numbers?

With every woman you may come up with who are being abused there will be ten men whoes families are implicated in false 498A case. If 95% people are using 498A wrongly what is the use of such law?

Your statement

'...... service providers under domestic violence act are refusing before the magistrate to visit to husband's home to prepare domestic incident report, because they are beaten or physically intimidated by the husband and his relatives'

Madam  don't  manufacture things.... India is not jungle raj .. there are service providers who fight against  goons... you are making up too many cases in your mind

hema (law officer)     15 September 2010

thank u. prabhakar. my purpose served.  people use offensive language against women are taught good lessons.

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     15 September 2010

As far as Domestic violence cases are concerned, research after reacher has pointed out that not many women are even aware that such law exist, and even if they are aware they do not use it/do not dare to use it for the reasons well known. Even parental families do not approve such initiatives for legal remedies. In some of the threads this issue is discussed in more detailed manner, why aquittal rates may not reflect the ground realiites of women facing oppression. For women until the cities and villages are safe, it would be akin to jungle Raj, It is well known fact that the degree to which women feel safe reflects how gender sensitive culture that city /nation has inculcated in its institutions and people.  I still do not understand the great culture of Indian families, which would blame the oppressed for any form of gender based violence she faces in private and  public places. Rather even from the legal community if someone suggests that such and such women should be crushed with stone to death, or thrashed( which certainly laws in India do not permit, do they? I would ask the legal experts), can we still believe that a culture of gender peace is even in its nascent stage?

Goes without saying we talk about majority of women here, taking into account both cities and villages. We may accordingly to our conveninece deny these hard facts, ignore micro and macro research or call them false research and hate their findings, but that would not obliterate the ground realities which each one of us each one of grassroot women from both rural and urban areas and  which each one of our girl children are aware of .

prabha mangale (advocate)     15 September 2010

Agree with Mr Deeksh*tulu .

But if the son is adopted he will not get any share in his natural father's property  except in the case where son has acquired any property by way of gift, will'etc  before adoption then that property only go with him in adopted family.

so in above as there is no adoption he will get share in his natural family

prabha mangale (advocate)     15 September 2010

I agree with Mr. deeksh*tulu

but when the son is adopted then he will not get any share in his natural  father's property except in case if the son has acquired any property by way of gift,will etc. then only that property will go with him in adopted family

in present case as there is no adoption son will get share in natural father's property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register