Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Request for change of jurisdiction in dv and 125 case

pvt service

Hi all,

one of my friends wife has filed a DV and 125 case on him, she has filed cases from her hometown, where she lives with her mother, my friend as to travel 500 kms to attend dates along with his parents.

recently he found that she is working in mumbai, which is a third place ( not the place where marriage took place or her parents place) she is working in a pvt company in mumbai and staying on rent there itself.

is it possible to request court to change the jurisdication to mumbai on the basis of she staying in mumbai and is working in mumbai  

where does he have to approach for change request. high court or the same dv court?

if there are any judgements for this please give refernce. thanks

legal advisor

usually courts entertain transfer petitions filed by women than only if your wife files application for transfer it can be done


ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil

Straight away it may not be possible but still some thing can be done.


Pl first find out. all the details of her present job.


Where your present case is going on.


If it is interstate then u need to approach the Hon'ble Supreme Court. If it is intra-state then the Hon'ble High Court of the particular state. The probability of transfer is low untill and unless she comes and states in Court that she has no objection to it.

But if she is working and you have proof then why get 125 transferred??? Rather file the proof and get the matter dismissed...




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x