LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arnab   04 July 2015

Request expert advise on a car accident case

hi - I need a piece of advise from experts on a case where I have been indicted.

In June 2014, a bike hit my car as I was about to take an u-turn ( location: Lodhi road, New Delhi). i did not wait ( I admit this was a mistake) at the spot.

The biker has filed a case ... and mistakenly against my wife who was sitting in the rear seat with my baby.

Now since my wife does not have license, there is a serious danger that I have to pay damages ( which the accused has claimed in lakhs!) in stead of the insurance company.

My lawyer says nothing can be done. ( we had requested the claimants lawyer to include my name instead of my wifes so that the liability shifts to the insurance company ).

Can anyone kindly suggest a way out of this tangle?

Thank you!

Arnab Mukherjee

arnab2001@gmail.com

Learning

4 Replies

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     05 July 2015

you should write under which section case has been filed , if it is criminal case , whether police file charge sheet or not?

Pradeep Kumar Agarwal (Director)     05 July 2015

can In court the biker identify your wife? if not the case may shift.

Arnab   05 July 2015

Hi Pradeep /Bhrigu - I dont have the section number handy. But I remember its under accident leading to griveous injury. A criminal case and a MICT case is running. yes a chargesheet has been filed.

We, on the advice of our current lawyer, had refused TIP since there was a possibility accused may identify.

My car was almost stationary when the bike hit. However the biker has used my absence from the spot to his advatage. However why and how he felt my wife was driving when in relaity she was in the rear seat with our baby is simply baffling.

Any advise from you guys would be very helpful.

Arnab   05 July 2015

Originally posted by : BHRIGU DATTA

you should write under which section case has been filed , if it is criminal case , whether police file charge sheet or not?

I dont have the section number handy. But I remember its under accident leading to griveous injury. A criminal case and a MICT case is running. yes a chargesheet has been filed.

My car was almost stationary when the bike hit. However the biker has used my absence from the spot to his advatage. However why and how he felt my wife was driving when in relaity she was in the rear seat with our baby is simply baffling.

Any advise would be very helpful.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register