LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Eknath (Jr. Asstt.)     10 August 2014

Repairs to private terrace in housing sociery

I am a owner of terrace flat in registered housing society. Flat owner below my terrace is complaining of water leakage and want me to repair the same by putting roof over it and entire expenditure to be borne by me only.

Our building is 10 years old and when taking possession i have already fitted kota marble in my terrace and subsequently covers ducts by asbestos sheets and  boundary  top of terrace by kota marble. Entire expenditure was done by me and even ready to make waterproofing expenditure in future. But fitting roof is not at all my need and it will be bit expensive unless complainant shares half cost. I have visited complainants flat with societies committee members and found that major problem is water slippage from side walls where cracks are visible. Repair to outer wall is surely not my responsibility and societies lookout.

Question is 1) can any authority/person  force me to cover my private terrace 2) And if it is to be covered, how the expenditure will be shared? When issue is of wc or bathroom leakage usually person who is facing problem bears the expenditure or shared by two.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register