Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bupesh (n/a)     29 August 2007

rented building on sale

Hello,

I just found out that the house my friend's renting is going up for auction on September 17th. We haven't heard anything from his landlord about this. My friend's on a month to month lease. If someone buys it can they kick him out right away?

Learning

2 Replies

yedhash (n/a)     29 August 2007

[font=tahoma][color=darkred]Dear Siddarth,[/color][/font]

[font=tahoma][color=darkred]My answer is certainly not. The purchaser has to give a letter for attornment of tenancy in his favour or atleast should intimate your friend bout his purchase. Even in case, he needs the premises, he cannot kick your friend out. The purchaser has to institute eviction proceedings in the appropriate forum (Rent Controller probably). In case your friend has any apprehension that the purchaser might use force without instituting legal proceedings, your Friend can approach a lawyer and institute a suit for injunction restraining the purchaser from evicting him except under due process of law. This will safeguard his tenancy. [/color][/font]

manishyogi (n/a)     04 September 2007

Ya. What Yedhash says is correct. A tenant cannot be diturbed except under due process of law.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More