Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bhavya nanda (Proprietor)     22 February 2010

Rental Property

Sir,

I am tenant of an SCO. My problem is that my landlord says to me to vacant the SCO. I am tenant of his premises for last five years but I do not registered my rent deed. My landlord make the deed for 11 months. Whenever I said him to register this deed he is not considered. I am paid always payment to him through cheque. Now, I am not wanted to vacant this floor. I told him to increase the rent and I am not vacant the floor. He told me to double the rent so that I have to vacant the floor.

Kindly advise me what should I have to do. Now, he is not receiving rent from me. I send the rent cheques by post but till date the cheque is not cashed.

Bhavya Nanda

Learning

1 Replies

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     16 April 2010

YOur Landlord cannot vacate you merely because you have not renewed your lease or registered the deed.  He has to file a petition before the rent cotnrol authorities to evict you that also if any of the grounds prescribed in the act is fulfilled, unitll then the law will presume renewal of the lease month to month.

The landlord cannot forcefully evict you.  If you fear forcefull eviction then you may file a petiiton before the court and obtain an injuction against the landlord to the effect that you should not be de possesed with out due process of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register