LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nihal Patil   18 May 2020

rental dispute

l have been living in city on rental basis from past two year and my current rental agreement is expiring on 31st of may. But due to current lockdown condition, I am at my hometown since past 2 months and have also paid the rent for the month of april. But due to prevailing condition, I was not able to pay the rent of may so I insisted my owner to deduct that rent from my rental deposit amount which is about 2.5 months rent. But the owner is stubborn about the May months rent and has asked me to vacate the rental premises before 31st may. It's quite a difficult task for me to vacate since I am stuck in my hometown and both my hometown as well as the city in which I have rented are in red zone. so it's hard to commute

Learning

5 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     18 May 2020

1. Due to Govt. orders related to COVID-19, landlord cannot forcefully evict Tenant and further cannot demand Rent.  Both such things have to be deferred till post-lockdown and cannot be demanded by landlord.

2. Since you are already in possession of the Tenanted premises, the landlord cannot open the house or throw out your belongings, which will be a criminal offence.  You can prefer him to give a Legal Notice for such purposes.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Nihal Patil   18 May 2020

Thank you for your valuable advice.
Feeling quite relieved now

Shivam Khanna   19 May 2020

I am studying law too . so pls provide the details too of procedure. I am being faced with the same problem . except my landlord is saying that he is going to shut down the property for ever ,and I need to vacate the property by 28 may.

sophie megan   19 May 2020

Thank you so much for sharing this Thread with us. I really like your Thread. keep sharing more with us.

Essay Editing And Proofreading

Shivam Khanna   20 May 2020

any response available to my query

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register