Upgrad LLM

rental desposit not returned


I vacated a office rented for last one year on 1st October 2010 and while a table glass was broken, the landlord asked me get a new one.I have prepared a new glass but the landlord is not satisfied and told me that he will do it on his own.

While returning the deposit,he claims now that:

1) He will  cut the rent for month October 2010 as he was not able to give it on rent due to the broken table glass

2) The table glass costs to be cut Rs. 10000.He claims that it was a toughen glass but one glass trader told me that it was an ordinary glass when I showed him the broken glass peices.The toughen glass cost normally double the ordinary glass.

So I didn't accept the remaining deposit he was offering me to return.

Can I get assistance from consumer court in this case? if not what other options are left for me?

Please help me in this regard,I am feeling being treated very unfair in this whole matter.






You send a notice of your intention to  vacate to the landlord.  In the notice you demand your deposit money to be returned, else you will be forced to charge intererst for the same and that you will not pay rent till the deposit is paid back.

At the same time you may move court for settlement of account.  

On a practical basis

you may stop paying rent and you move the rent control court and get an injuction not to evict you unless through court of law and due processsess of law.  On compleetion of case the amount of advance will surely be exhauseted.  There after let the owner go for his rent in court.  we will settle the matter there.  You deny the broken glass altogether.  Let him prove it.

Total likes : 1 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x