LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Digbijoy Bal   02 April 2020

Rental agreement problem

What would happen if I break my paying guest(PG) contract of 3 months due to the ongoing corona virus pandemic in India and leave after 2 months without paying 3rd month rent?The location is Mumbai and I left for my hometown after paying 2 months rent,now the broker is threatening me to take to court.There was a signed agreement between me and the broker.I did this because my financial condition is not good.I am a student who went to Mumbai for an internship in an IT company.I tried to tell the broker my problems but he didn't listen.He is forcing me to pay all 3 months money despite me not staying there.What would be the consequences if I don't pay?
My family life is complex and my dad and mom are separated,I look after my mom and stay with her,my father has good income but he doesn't give any money to me.So despite being poor I don't have any certificate to prove the same.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 April 2020

Govt. is relaxed rules towards rental people due to Karona virus problem all over India. No need to pay rent to the owner. No force to be used to occupants. If any force used, you can give complaint to the local municipality

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 April 2020

Whatever be the case because of the present troubled tmes, the broker has no standing in a rental agreement or arrangement even in normal situation.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     03 April 2020

nothing will go against you, sit relax

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2020

You just dont be worried about the threats posed by the broker.

He cannot do anything in the given situation.

Even if he is going to court you can always convince court  about the situation and get the case dismissed. 

All over the country there has been an unwritten instruction to relax the strict norms in all the fields, hence the broker's action will not fetch him any fruitful result.

You may ignore the calls of the broker and relax.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register