Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muhamad Hafeez (NA)     14 January 2015

Rent control advice.

Hello,

I am a tenant of a house in Mysore living with my family comprising of three people excluding me.

I am tenant from approximately about 3+ years, i was paying 10.5k INR when i first rented it and according to the agreement with my landlord, now i am paying 11k INR every month.

I need advice regarding the laws which protect the tenants from landlord as i am facing many problems in this house and not making up the most of the house.

There is a problem regarding the water supply, as this house has not got the clearance certificate from the Mysore City Corporation and they are treating this house as if it is under construction and the bill for water supply is more compared to the normal residential bill; The owner is forcing me to pay the water bill and i deem that i have been cheated and making me to pay the bill. 

I want to know if there is any provision for the protection of tenant to stop the landlord to force me and also if the landlord before renting should get the clearance certificate or he can rent without CC?

Secondly there is a fault in electrical wiring system and i have to replace the electrical equipment very often due to various fault condition and if asked regarding the issue, the landlord is not cooperating and telling that they aren't responsible for the same.

I need the proper procedure if i can take the help of the local court to sort it out and if there is any provision to pay the rent in the court with the appropriate charges and also compensation from landlord for my electrical equipment.

Thanks.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register