IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreedhar (advocate)     25 February 2010

Rent Control

Dear members,

In a case Lessor is a Govt.oil corporation and the lessee(Landlord) is a private party and he is the dealer of the oil corporation. Initially they entered into a lease for 10 years and further extension of another 10 years. Now the first 10 years lease period expired and the lease renewed automatically. The rent clause mentioned in the lease as "subject to negotiation between the parties" Now the corporation offers some amount as monthly rent where the landlord is not agreeing the rent. My question is how to protect the interest over the property by the corporation.

Pls suggest what kind of cases corporation can file against the Landlord.


 1 Replies

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     16 April 2010

The corporation need not file any kind of petition against the Landlord.  Your lease is renewed month to month untill terminated by the landlord through a petition filed in the rent control court or any other appropriate forum.  Untill then you need only pay the rent agreed between you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query