LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satpal Singh (nil)     06 November 2013

Rent agreement - stamp paper

My residence address is of Delhi and I live in Delhi only. Also I have a flat in Ghaziabad, UP, which I am planning to give on rent. For the purpose, I have to make Rent Agreement for 11 months. Please suggest / guide me on:

1. Denomination of stamp paper for rent agreement?

2. Whether I shuld buy stamp paper from Ghaziabad, UP, only. Or, the stamp papers can be bought from Delhi also.

3. What are the legal consequences if I use stamp paper which is bought from Delhi?

4. The property in question is in UP. The stamp paper used is of Delhi. In case of any conflict, which court of jurisdiction will apply?

5. In this case, what is the best option to buy the stamp paper from?

6. Any other relevant information / guidance relating to rent agreement / precautions I should take for renting out the property.


 5 Replies

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     06 November 2013

For execution of a Rental Agreement,, Rs.100/- Non Judicial Stamp Paper is enough. You can buy it any where though out India. But if you want to register the said Deed, you have to register the same, where your property is situated. With regard to jurisdiction also comes, where your property is situated.  With regard to your Q.No.6 you can down load the proforma of Rental Agreement from any site. 

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     06 November 2013

You can buy stamp paper from any part of India It is equally valid , for making rent agreement in UP a 100 rupees non judicial stamp paper is required , and registration will be done where the property is situated i.e. in ghaziabad sub registrar office of your area , It comes under the jurisdiction of ghaziabad distt. court. For making rent agreement take guidance of format available in net but make it in your accordance .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 November 2013

 A eleven months rental agreement need not be registered.  In states like tamilnadu, a Rs. 20/- NJS paper will do for the said agreement, clarify whether the same is enough or require more stamp duty in states like UP where you desire to execute the rental agreement.

SUMEER (MANAGER)     10 December 2013

As said by Mr. T. Kalaiselvan that a eleven months rental agreement need not be registered in sub register office. Please clarify whether the same is applicable in UP state also. 

Vijaya Bhaskar (Social Service )     19 March 2024

In Karnataka what could be the standard stamp duty for a Rental Agreement not exceeding 11 months


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads