Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JASBIR SINGH (NONE)     27 May 2013

Rent agreement-reg

Sir

I filed a consumer court case against a coaching institute for which I submitted my Rent agreement. I acutally stared living in that house on 07/01/2012 but due to some reasons rent agreement was made on 6/9/2012 as I needed it then for my income tax HRA deductions.

Now the opposite party has claimed that the rent agreement is forged as it has date mismatch. How can I show that though it was made on a later date but I was actually living in that house on an earliar date.

Is there any section of law or judgement which states that Rent agreement can also be made on a later date?

Plese reply to this question as I need to submit it in consumer court.

Thanking You

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     27 May 2013

Nothing to worry. You can make the rental agreement on later date even though the lease started earlier. If the tenant denies the fact you can prove the same by some evidence like the tenants usuall receives postal letters, gas bills and any other bills which comes on his name.  

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     28 May 2013

Most importantly, your  rent payment paid proof i.e by cheque or through RTGS bank payment in opposite party A/C from the month you started living and paying the landlord. 

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     29 May 2013

There is no section which can be quoted in your defence. However, no law debars you to stay in a rented arrangement without a Rent agreement. There can always be a oral Rent agreement. but it is difficult to prove. As suggested by Experts above, you can rely on other documentary & circumstantial evidence in the court to prove your point.

JASBIR SINGH (NONE)     31 May 2013

Sir

Thank you very much for your prompt reply

jasbir singh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register