Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praseeja   10 January 2016

Removal of visitation rights

Hi Experts,

I have a serious problem. I have been divorced since 2004. My ex-husband has visitation rights. When I applied for my son's passport, the granting officer said that it is mandatory that the father provide an NOC and sign it in person in front of the officer. My ex-husband sent me a notary attested NOC. But when I submitted this at the passport office, the officer again said that the father has to sign in front of me. I requested my ex to come and sign and I would be bearing all his travel cost, he refused to come. I then gave him an option that we both approach the court to remove the visitation rights from the divorce decree. I even said I dont mind him visiting the child ever. (Please note, he hasnt visited or even enquired about his son for once in these 12 years) . He is adamant that he will not come or help in any ways. He says he doesnt care if the child gets the passport or not. What can I do?? 

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     11 January 2016

You have to approach family court for this NOC. He has to abide to the court order.

Praseeja   11 January 2016

He has already sent me an NOC that he signed in front of a notary. But passport officer is saying that he has to sign in front of him . The child's father is not willing to do that and nor is he agreeing to remove the visitation rights from the divorce decree.

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     14 January 2016

you have been sufficiently replied

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register