LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajit ( )     13 December 2011

Removal of one of the name from agreement for sale

I made a greement for sale for purchase of flat 3 months ago, jointly with my mother. For housing loan purpose we want to delete her name from agreement for sale. can i delete it by making "Rectification" or "Correction" deed? If it is possible can you please advice me the procedure, stampduty and format of the same.


 3 Replies

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     14 December 2011

It will be better to hire the services of  lawyer for further help you in this matter.

amruta (Advocate)     14 December 2011

Mr. Ajit,

 You can't remove your mother's name from agreement by recetification deed. Your mother has to make gift deed in your favour and then you have to register it and to pay stamp duty again.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 March 2012

Find out from the Bank whether they will give loan to both of you jointly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register