25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N K Jain (.Asso. prof. Mathematics)     23 January 2014

Remedy in 498a case

Sir   In my   498a case  Chief (Cross) Examination of my wife has completed by my advocate, three witness are to be examined. Now  new judge has joined, Accordingly to H. C. order judge has to finish the case within date given in H. C. Order.Can the judge dragg the case,If so.can I  again approach the H. C.for quash the case. Kndly  reply. regards N K Jain


 1 Replies

Kapil Chandna (Lawyer at Supreme Court of India)     23 January 2014



There is nothing like quashing the case, but what you can do is ask the same court to proceed further in the matter as fast as possible, because the HC has ordered for the same, and if still the judge linger's upon the matter, then file an application in the HC for the same.

Advocate Kapil Chandna


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query