New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MrDinoMorea (O)     02 April 2014

Remarriage after husband gets a divorce from family court

After the family court gives a divorce to the husband on proven grounds on cruelty by wife, can he get remarried immediately?

Is there any bar on this, especially if the wife takes the case to the high court or fast track court , appealing against this divorce decree?

How long will the husband have to wait if he wants to get married again?


 5 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     02 April 2014

Dear Querist

read the below section

15. Divorced persons when may marry again. When a marriage has been dissolved by a decree of divorce an either there is no right of appeal against the decree or, if there is such right of appeal, the time for appealing has expired without an appeal having been presented, or an appeal has been presented but has been dismissed it shall be lawful for either party to the marriage to marry again. 

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     02 April 2014

he has to wait for 90 days to get remarried.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 April 2014

The limitation to appeal in the high court is 90 days therefore he have to wait atleast for 90 days .

Nishant (BDE)     02 April 2014

Need Free On-call Legal Advice. Just give a missed call on 08010201301(toll free) or visit

Kapil Gupta (Advocate)     03 April 2014

90 days is the limitation period for this. After that, you can remarry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads