LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

varghese (drvargheseae@gmail.com)     11 May 2014

Relinquishment from sisters

Parents died intestate leaving ancestral property(land) commonfor  three brothers. All sisters, elder to me, got married and given their respective shares in cash, land etcas shtreedhanam.  Now,. we have(3 brothers) entered into a partition deed (called Bhaga Udampadi in kerala)  and got it registered by giving the requisite stamp fee. Form mutation purpose(pokku-varavu), we went to the concerned village office, village officer after reading the contents of the partition deed, told us "since the relinquishment deed from sister's is not included in the partition deed, it is not possible to do the pokku varavu, or mutation.  

In this case, what should be done to get our portion of land mutated. Shall we go an obtain my sister's consent ina relinquishment deed and attach this to the original partition dee and give to the village officer for mutation

Morevover while making the partition deed, there is no any mention about my married sisters. It has been mentioned in the partition deed that" " WE ARE THE ONLY LEGAL HEIRS OF THIS PROPERTY AND NODBODY IS THERE"

Your valuable suggestions on this matter is higly solicited.



 2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     11 May 2014

Pl. read your another same query .

S.Sankarasubramanian (practcing advocate)     16 May 2014

Kindly infform the date of death of your father and also state whether your father died before the date of death of your mother?


                                                                                   S.Sankarasubramanian, advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register