LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aacharya pm   09 June 2021

Religion change and caste change

I am Hindu (BC-D) from Telangana. My wife is Muslim Dudekula .She is BC-B in state list and OBC in central. We got married in 2018 and she changed her name and religion ( Muslim to Hindu). She is a government employee. She got job in BC-D (Dudekula) quota in 2016. Now we want to change her name and religion in employee records. By doing this will she loose her job? Will the caste continue in future?


 9 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 June 2021


By changing their religion and name your wife will not lose the job. Reservation is granted to the socially backward classes. 

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     09 June 2021

yes ,seems there is no hurdles or problems as if . any how better to consult a lawyer and act accordingly

1 Like

aacharya pm   09 June 2021

Thank you sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 June 2021

Changing the religion means not the cste also changes automatically.

Since she already belonged to the said reserved community, on reverting to her parent religion her original community status stands restored hence there is no question of losing her job because in any case she has been selected to the job on the basis of the reservation quota.

Do not get frightened/scared on listening to unnecessary rumours.



aacharya pm   10 June 2021

Thank you, sir. So can I now proceed for changing the name and religion in her employee records?

Archana Pandey   21 January 2022

Since both of you comes under in reservation category. Obviously, there will be no issue in revision procedure. However, you will go through the long process to do the needful change. Although as per the law, Part III of the Indian Constitution guarantees various fundamental rights and right to freedom of religion id one of them, comes under in Article 25, 26, 27 & 28.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 February 2022

All that expressed above are just personal opinions. Ultimately her employer and courts decide.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 February 2022

caste satutus doe snot alter by marriage.


SC status ceases once someone is no more hindu.


you may check with the relevant tehsil if change of religion of a particular community affects the reservations statur.


either case she is not losing the job if she was duty eligible for revervatiojn at the time of application.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 February 2022

Do not go by opinions expressed here. Doctors and lawyers do not give guarantee even for paid services. And here the service is not only free, but the adviser may not be a lawyer either. Use your discretion and be safe.






Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register