Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinod (Quality Control Analyst)     07 February 2012

Relieving letter

Hello --

I am Vinod from Bangalore. I worked for a BPO for 5 years. I wanted to make a carrer in Cine industry. Through a good friend, I got a chance to work with a film maker in Chennai. On a condition that I settled down there. So I requested my BPO employer for transfer to our Chennai facility 3 months prior to joining the new employer. After 12 days of my work at chennai, I had to resign my Job. Because I had lot of assignment to do before I could join my new employer. Which I wasnt aware untill I had a direct interview with them. I submitted my resignation to my Sr manager. He accepted  it and asked  if it was ok with me to be relieved on the same day. (The reason he wanted to relieve me on the same day was due to productivity during notice period. Since I was in a new project and It required a month to undergo trainig ,) I thought relieving was based on mutual understanding. To my dismay my employer has denied my relieving letter. I spoke to HR manager at Chennai, He said, he could only try becasue I worked with them for 5 years. after a month again I was told  they wouldnt give my relieving letter. 

I definetly made mistakes by not asking manager if relieving was on mutual understanding.Though everything seemed like. 

But again He didnt breif me on exit policy. He just signed my resignation letter and walked away.

Mgmt had imposed penalty for not serving notice period. And the same was deducted from my F&F.

And still they dont want to give my relieving letter.

I seek your expertise on how to handle this situation. My relieving letter is of trivial importance to my currect employer. Infact they dont even want to see that. But I strongly believe that I deserve it. And I don't want to give. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register