New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi (a)     14 March 2018

Relief from 498a, dp3 and 4

Dear all, after the lower court charged me, my parents and convicted us under 498a, dp 3 and dp 4, the district court in our crml. appeal thrashed the conviction judgement to dustbin and relieved us from false conviction. this came as a big relief to us and my family after struggling 8 years with the nasty wife.

1. would like to know in how many days, i need to submit the judgement copy along with the petition in the lower court?

2. how many days it will take to return the fine amount i paid to the lower court?

3. how many days it will take if my wife wants to appeal in high court?

4. can i submit the new judgement in DVC and maintenance case?

5. can i reopen previous divorce case by showing the new judgement and get the divorce relief? what chances are there?



 3 Replies


Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.


With regards,

Legal Expert

johnny   15 March 2018



 I am john i got Marriage in Chennai at 2014 August with in 3 months we was Separated in difference of opinion  And i went to all women police station & filed a complaint to awps, And they called the girl & she given a written letter that i am not interested to leave with him , and she took all her belongs from my home in front of the station officer, after that we don't have any communication for the past 2 years, in December 2016 suddenly i got a call from, Telengana police that ur wife filed a 498 A & 41D .. u should come here.. i said i did not revice any summon u come & server the summon then only i will come after that i took AB also & after 2017 feb i filled a Divorce in Chennai Family court & i got the divorce Ex - Party August 2017 in the Grounds of Dissection & Cruelty,, but still the telengana police harassing me one time also they did not gave any counseling. now they inform me u will get summon u should come to the court i got marriage in Chennai, my home is in Chennai, the girl home is in Chennai out of jurdistion the fir was filed  and my mom is living separately in different address but in the fir I was A1 & my mom Is A2 she is a senior citizen and widow old age women . the complaint was filed totally falsely fabricated that I came to Hyderabad in September end & threaten her  the fir was filed in December  end 3 months delay .. I went to fir Squash my squash was disposed buy high court  I am not a trial office u go to court and see in the trial

Now I need your suggestion what shall I do……?



sai narayana   20 March 2018

Either approach SC or file discharge, if it fails, face trial. Divorce has nothing to do with 498A and moreover yours is an Ex-parte.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register