Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

cj.kalyan@gmail.com (cj.kalyan@gmail.com)     12 July 2011

Reliance Telecom - False Bill

Dear Sir,

This is regarding Post paid bill payment to Reliance telecom.. I took reliance postpaid connection and My Tariff Plan is MyTrulyUnlimitedOnnet995, under this plan. I have been told that all the calls made to Reliane network or absolutely free and nothing will be charged, but to my surprise I got a bill of 2966. When I contacted retail outlet they said it is there mistake and asked me to compromise by paying the half of the amount.. I didn't agree to that, because there were no calls made to other networks, I have the call details also and moreover they have disconnected the service within 10 days saying that I have exceeded the balance limit. Now after 1 year some lawyer from Delhi is calling and threatining me with dire consequences, if I didn't pay the bill. They said they will issue non-bailable warrant and have to attend Delhi High court.. I am not understanding why should I pay becuase of the service provider fault.. It seems I have to pay 30,000 as penalty to court. Anyone can please help me or guide me on this issue...

Learning

7 Replies

cj.kalyan@gmail.com (cj.kalyan@gmail.com)     12 July 2011

Dear Sir, This is regarding Post paid bill payment to Reliance telecom.. I took reliance postpaid connection and My Tariff Plan is MyTrulyUnlimitedOnnet995, under this plan. I have been told that all the calls made to Reliane network or absolutely free and nothing will be charged, but to my surprise I got a bill of 2966. When I contacted retail outlet they said it is there mistake and asked me to compromise by paying the half of the amount.. I didn't agree to that, because there were no calls made to other networks, I have the call details also and moreover they have disconnected the service within 10 days saying that I have exceeded the balance limit. Now after 1 year some lawyer from Delhi is calling and threatining me with dire consequences, if I didn't pay the bill. They said they will issue non-bailable warrant and have to attend Delhi High court.. I am not understanding why should I pay becuase of the service provider fault.. It seems I have to pay 30,000 as penalty to court.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 July 2011

What is happening with you is the trick of the trade.

lawyer calling on phone. Lawyer has not sent any legal notice. Court has not issued any summons.

In some cases posted by customers, sometimes someone pretending to be a police man, lawyer, clerk of lawyer, PA of a judge is reported as calling on phone.

You have the facts with you. Kindly keep them safe.

You should have lodged a written complaint with the company under acknowledgment and you should have mentioned that the company office had accepted the mistake and corrected bill should be submitted by the company well in time before due date.

If you receive any legal notice, consult a competent lawyer and reply.

If you receive a phone call, give your lawyer's number and ask him to call your lawyer.

You can submit a written complaint to police (SHO and SSP/commissioner of your area) and obtain complaint number on your copy from both of them. You can ask for the ownership details of the phone number from which you are receiving calls.

You can record the threatening calls, and keep them safely, and report to police again.

Your lawyer and police authority would know what is fitting action to be taken.

Mohammed Rizwan Shaikh (AM)     13 July 2011

@@cj.kalyan@gmail.com

You dont have to worry at all, this is all trade gimmicks. This same incident took place with me, there was a guy who called from Tis Hazari Court as asked me to pay the balance amount. I told him there's no due at all. He insisted me to pay the amount. I asked him please feel free to file a case against me in Supreme Court. I will take care of the matter. After that there were no calls at all.

Dont worry nothing will happen. Be firm on your case.

Rizwan

1 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 July 2011

Issue notice claiming compensation for not providing better service and playing unfair trade practice, if co., failed to satisfy you  then file a consumer case aginst the co.,

nithyarangasamy (legal trainee)     13 July 2011

adv.rajeev is right, u just immetiately approch an advocate to file consumer complaint and u should teach a lesson to the persons like this.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     13 July 2011

Ad rajoo has solutions for all problems which are not pracitcal.

By issuing notice and going to consumer court you will waste money in advocates fees and court delays and expanses.

Find our from the website the NODAL OFFICER and than APPEALATE NODAL OFFICER of the particular telecom co and complain to him. If they do not listen go  TRAI, every body will be alright.

cj.kalyan@gmail.com (cj.kalyan@gmail.com)     13 July 2011

Hello, Thank you all for providing the advice. this really helped me. I will take the necessary action. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register