LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Latha (aaaaaa)     16 September 2009

Reliance fraud

I am using reliance post paid since last 3 yrs  and was using plan in which reliance to reliance phone calls were unlimited free. Till last month I was receiving normal bill (rental and other call charges). Suddenly yesterday I received a huge bill for last month. On calling at customer I was told that the facility of reliance to reliance free call service was withdrawn on 15 August with few exceptions and so all the calls made on reliance number are charged  after 15 August'09.  On telling that why they didn't inform  customers about withdrwing this services?  How can they withdraw any chargable services without giving notice or informing customer , they are not able to answer and still not taking any action on my bill. I am really very upset with the huge amount of bill I am liable to pay for the reason that reliance mobile didn't inform me for closing that plan partially. Please suggest where I can approach or lodge complaint again it?

Learning

6 Replies

Ashima Puri (Advocate)     16 September 2009

a consumer complaint can be filed
1 Like

Ashima Puri (Advocate)     16 September 2009

a suit for mandatory injunction also be filed

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     16 September 2009

NO TELECOM DISPUTES CAN BE FILE IN CONSUMER COURT.

ONLY PROCEEDINGS BY WAY OF ARBITRATION UNDER SECTION 7B OF THE TELEGRAPH ACT IS THE REMEDY LEFT OPEN FOR THE CONSUMER. (AS PER THE LATEST JUDGMENT DELIVERED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)

1 Like

(Guest)

Did relaince give any advertisement that from 15th August 09 reliance to reliance free calls service is going to be withdrawn. If the Reliance did not give such advertisement or did not inform you through any message then you can lodge a complaint in Consumer Forum for manupulating customers by the Reliance. You can also send your greviance to the T.R.A.I

1 Like

abhijit (legal )     16 September 2009

Consumer court is the right forum.

Sec 7B of the Indian Telegraph Act , 1885 applies only to disputes related to telegraph line, appliance or apparatus only . The appointment of arbitrator as provided by sec 7B is done by Central Govt because he can properly appreciate technical and non-technical matters.

On the other hand, The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 is the right forum for disputes related to any goods and services as per sec 1 (4) of this act.

Herein the problem is related to faulty/poor/no  services provided by the telephone service company. So, complaint in consumer court should be filed.

CA CS CIMA Adv Dip MA Prakash (CA CS CIMA)     16 September 2009

you can file a consumer complain but before that you need to have sufficient proof that you are not been informed. Loadge the compalint with reliance authorities and note the complain number.

If action not been taken within the stipulated time then you can gp ahead with consumer forum. Dont worry it will not cost you a penny.

!! Hoping to get you justice !!

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register