LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev k (Forman D)     01 September 2013

Releasing a bike which met an accident and owner expired


My only son met with an accident on March 17 2013 at Madikeri, Karnataka, with a bus and his Bike. What is the procedure to get the bike released from police station. I approached the civil court with the documents and struggled two days, finally the Judge said there should be a NOC from my wife (mother of the deceased) . Since I am from Chennai it was difficult to get NOC in the month April. Now again I want to try for the bike to be released




 4 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     02 September 2013

You file a Petition for release of vehicle again with NOC from your wife and file same in the court.

Rajeev k (Forman D)     02 September 2013

Thank you, what is the format for NOC is it on stamp paper with notary attested or Gazetted Officer is enough.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2013

Generally such NOCs will be in the form of an affidavit duly notarised, only then it is an authentic document to be presented before a court.

Rajeev k (Forman D)     20 October 2013

Thank you very much, then what is the stamp paper priced ,  where to file the affidavit and whom I have to approach, the Notary? 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads