LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SMuthiah (Manager)     16 February 2011

Release Deed Advise


   Planning to create a release deed for immovable property in favor of my mother,  as I live in the US need advise on the procedure.

   Do I have to create the release deed on stamp paper?  If so what should be the stamp value?  The value of the immovable property is ~ Rs 12 Lakhs.

    After the release deed creation do I have to obtain the attestation from the Indian embassy or notary public attestation would work?

   I would appreciate suggestions / advise.







 2 Replies

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     22 February 2011

Dear Muthaiah,

First obtain Relege deed drafted in India and a Special Power of Attorney also drafted in India Both on stamp paper.  Sign all the necessary papers and go to enbacey to attest the special of attorney.  Send both documents to India for registration.  In Sub registrar Office your agent selected by you in special power will sign on behalf of you and do all things in connection of the registration.

Kashyap Bagadia (RSM)     25 August 2011

release deed is not compulsory  to be register in case of blood relation. it is to be prepared on 100rs stamp paper and it is advisable to prepare supporting undertaking on 100rs stamp paper. but it is to be signed before Notary officer with register entry no.if you are out side India than in that case it is to be signed before enbacey to attest the special of attorney.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register